Disaster Recovery and Risk Management
Business Backup and Disaster Recovery for Computers and Networks
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!” Benjamin Franklin
According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), more than 40% of businesses never reopen after a disaster, and for those that do, only 29% were still operating after two years. Those that lost their information technology for nine days or more are bankrupt within a year. Business resiliency and continuity do not happen by chance. Every business will encounter data loss at one point or another. Causes and impacts may only be minor, but they also have potential to be catastrophic.
Common causes of data loss:
- Accidental or malicious deletion or misplacement
- File corruption
- Equipment failure
- File or system damage from malware
- Location damage due to flood, fire or other cause
Do you have a business continuity plan? Have you thought about various scenarios and whether that plan will be sufficient to get your business up and running in a timely manner? Have you factored the cost of, not only recovery expenses, but what the downtime will do to your bottom line?
With nearly two decades of experience, we have seen a few things: everything from the accidental file loss to burst pipes in a server closet. The common lesson: a good backup and recovery plan is essential.
Fortunately, there are a number of excellent BDR (Backup and Disaster Recovery), or more aptly called, Business Continuity solutions available to cover every sort of business and meet every budget. We work with leading vendors to provide complete backup and recovery solutions for servers and client computers that offer multiple recovery points and varying recovery time windows.
- Need to have your network up and running in a matter of minutes from a failure? We have solutions which can be virtualized at your office or in the cloud within minutes getting your business functional until a full repair can be made. Cloud options allow access to your network data from sites other than your office in the event of site damage.
- Need to ensure that you always have backup copies off-site but also to be sure that it is secure and compliant? Our vendors are vetted for industry-standard security, compliance and redundancy.
- Need to meet retention policies? We have options.
- Have mobile users in need of backup solutions? We offer solutions for laptops, individual computers, servers and entire networks.
We have you covered with combinations of hardware and software which can retain data on local media, removable media you manage and/or in the cloud. Contact us today to find a solution tailored to your needs.